In the United Kingdom, its has been a general rule that the legal gambling age is 18 years old.
This rule applies to all the adult gaming centres, bingo halls, race tracks, casinos, betting shops, and of course, online gambling.
The only exception to this rule are football pools, lotteries, and National Lottery. You would be allowed to take part in these platforms from the age of 16. You would also be allowed to participate in non-commercial gambling, prizes gambling, and low stakes gambling.
You should also know that there are a couple of gaming machines don’t have a minimum age. You can play on coin pushers, lower stakes fruit machines, and teddy grabbers that you can find on amusement arcades and family entertainment centres. They are open to anyone legally, even if you are under 18 years old.
Remember that anyone who is over 16 years old and under 18 years old that participates in gambling would be found guilty of criminal offence.
There’s an industry code that is designated for Socially Responsible Advertising, which is also known as the Industry Code.
The goal of the Industry Code is to give the different gambling operators with a variety of measures that can help them enhance the social responsibility of how they manage their advertisements. This Industry Code is added up the different extensive requirements that the gambling and advertising regulators have already placed.
The gambling operators shall always take the particular care needed when they are formulating and placing their advertisements:
- Gambling operators should always comply with the rules of CAP and BCAP;
- The advertisements of the gambling operators should always be legal and should not be deceptive or confusing;
- The advertisements and promotions of gambling operators should always be responsible socially and adhere to what has been described in the rules of CAP and BCAP;
- The gambling operators must always take the necessary care to avoid exploiting children and other persons who are considered vulnerable in relation to any gambling activities; and
- The gambling operators should always ensure that their advertisements do not intentionally and specifically target anyone who is under the age of 18; may it be through the style of their presentation, selection of their media, context, and/or content in which the advertisements would appear. Every single gambling operators and advertisers should always be informed that it is considered a legal offence to invite an under age to gamble in accordance to what has been stated under Section 46 of the Gambling Act of 2005.
Remember that the Industry Code applies to every form of advertising and every size of gambling operator.
In the United Kingdom, it has been currently noted that any game that does not enable you to gain anything that is worth of money or money falls outside the regulation. The game could be constructed as sociable, compelling, and highly interactive. However, everyone should still be aware since it might ultimately be prompted by the United Kingdom’s regulators and elsewhere to regulate.
Complaints About Gambling
Our Company does not deal with any forms of gambling.
United Kingdom tightly regulates the gambling in the country. However, you are advised to always check that you the operator that you’re dealing with is licensed.
If you want to check if the gambling operator that you’re dealing with is licensed, you can always check it on the website of the Gambling Commission.
Remember that if you are going to gamble with an operator who is illegal and unlicensed, they are not regulated by the commission. You won’t have any guarantee that once you win, you will be able to get your winnings. You should also take note that the games by the unlicensed illegal operator is not guaranteed to be fair and based on luck. You may end up playing a game that ensure that you lose.
If you have any complaints and you have used a gambling operator who is licensed, the first thing that you could do is to get in touch with the operator directly. If you are visiting an establishment dedicated to gambling, you should ask for a manager. And if you are gambling online, you should make sure to get in touch with them through their “Contact Us” page.
If the gambling operator you are dealing with is unable to resolve your complaint, the next best thing that you should do is to get in touch with the Gambling Commission. The Gambling Commision has a page dedicated for advice on complaints.